Monday, October 10, 2016

Gotcha Joey!!

I hope what I am about to type makes sense because I am EXHAUSTED!! I will post more pictures to Facebook tomorrow sometime :)

We left the hotel this morning around 9:45a to head to the Civil Affairs Building where we were to meet our kids. This was the first adoption where we met our child with a group of other people meeting their children. I was very busy, and very emotional!

As soon as we pulled up to the building I started video taping because I saw there were some kids inside the building and I wanted to have the moment we first saw him recorded. As we all got out of the van another van pulled up behind us and our guide says, "this is Zhengzhou Orphanage's van". Sure enough the driver lifts out Joey who comes waking toward us with absolutely no fear. The orphanage staff who was with him says, "Momma" and points to me and Joey just walks right up and gives me a hug. I started crying but quickly stopped myself because I didn't want to scare him off, lol. After a long hug and a couple of pictures I handed him to "daddy" and he get hugs too! Such a sweet little guy!

We quickly found out that Joey is very social as he went around talking to EVERYONE! He also has a VERY stubborn streak and a bit of a temper! We are in love though and will share more about him hopefully tomorrow. I am literally falling asleep as I type though so I think this "blogging" is going to have to wait for now ;-)

I really REALLY want to thank everyone for praying for us today. We couldn't have asked for our day to go any better and that is only because of God. We also appreciate you continuing to pray as we have our power struggles and try to figure out who is in charge, him or us! Lol We love you all!

~Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment